Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Father & Son Motorcycle Trip pt. 1 (video included)

Over the next bunch of posts I will be talking about my motorcycle trip to N.C. with my father.

We were fortunate enough to plan and take a trip to a little town called Sylva, N.C. where we would spend 4 full days riding in the beautiful mountains and generally enjoying one another's company at the Mountain Brook Cottages. This was in the beginning of October 2011 so that we would see some of the fall changes.

I highly recommend doing this to anyone. Go somewhere with one or both of your parents. Get to know them as an adult and document the occassion.

My dad is somewhat of a character. So I'll also be introducing him to you as I write these posts.

He just retired in September 2011 at the age of 61. He is Kenneth Gus Beck, now going by Kenny when he is being funny, "Kenny Beck" mimicking William Shatner's character "Denny Crane" from Boston Legal.

My father rode up from Port St. Lucie, FL to my place in Orlando the day before we would leave on our trip.  We would be taking two days to get up to our cabin rental and we would be riding the whole way. Taking pretty much back rodes, so once in Georgia all the way to our destination would be on U.S. 441.

The videos will be uncut but I think you'll enjoy. Here's my pop on my porch the evening before our journey begins:

100_0030.MP4 Watch on Posterous
Share some of your stories with me about any adventures you might have shared with one or both of your parents. As always I love hearing your thoughts!

~bbryon

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment