Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Ending Music

Why? Why make a post about the music I want played when my time is up? Some take it as morbid. I don't look at it that way at all.

Heck, my parents have told my sister and I to "sticky" note the stuff we want when they go. That's how our inheritance will be divided; by "sticky" notes. As a stocking stuffer for Christmas one year they gave us a few packages each of "sticky" notes.

Ever since I read "Be Here Now" by Ram Dass about ten years ago; I'm good. I really have a phenomenal existence. I appreciate my life and try to just be a better "me."

I told the story of my grandfather's passing recently. I'd made him a mix cd sometime ago; probably around the same time I read "Be Here Now." It consisted of the music he loved and was passionate about; what moved him. He requested in his will that the cd be played at the memorial service we had for him.

That is why I'm writing this and creating my playlist for "My Ending Music." It's my list of tunes, I want played. I promise there will be a ton of music played when I'm gone and hopefully it will be a celebration, not a mourning. But these are my personal choices. They're for me to leave for my friends, family and everyone who's touched my life.

(I'm fine, there's nothing wrong, don't worry)

~bbryon

No comments:

Post a Comment