Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Citizen Cope (Solo Acoustic) St. Pete

This was my first show in quite a while that I went to by myself. Of course knowing me I'm no introvert and quickly made a few friends. You must do this if you are a "single" at a concert especially when you've snagged a primo front row spot.

One of the gals that I met was on her own as well. We chatted about how it's quite enjoyable to go to a show by yourself sometimes. No worries, no going with someone to the restroom, only have to buy drinks for one etc...

Yes, it also makes being up front very easy! This was my 3rd time seeing Clarence. The first two times was with the full band behind him.

Up close and personal for solo acoustic was absolutely phenomenal. His presence and playing brought up a well of feelings from the gut of everyone in the crowd. You could see the emotion as he poured from his soul to all of us who were present.

This was what my new found friend had to say when she heard "Holdin' On." - "I wanna treat you like you wanna be treated". I'm such a girl :) & that song...I know just what he's saying. The lines surrounding those lovely lines let me get it.

I have a friend who explains it well when you feel the emotion like this at a show. You feel it in the bottom of your lungs, it pushes up, and then you catch your breath.

 It was a special night. Those of us in the front who were a little more vocal than others (eehhhmm) did ask for our song. I asked for "D'Artagnan's Theme" and he obliged. He looked right at me and started the first few cords and nodded.

Here's some of my choices from Citizen Cope, though in the music widget they are with the whole band; Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment